TEAM LEADER JOB DESCRIPTION
This is an exciting position for someone who enjoys working with pets and would like to spend half their time divided between being in an office or the field.
Starting Salary is $15 per hour/35 hours per week ($525) plus $3 gas mileage reimbursement for each visit in the field.
WE HAVE TWO POSITIONS:
The Morning Team Leader of the breakfast and lunch crew.
The hours would be 6am - 2pm.
Days off rotate.
The Evening Team Leader of the lunch and dinner crew.
The hours would be 12 - 8pm.
Days off rotate.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Meeting with new customers - Going to initial orientations and meeting their pets
- Quality Control - Going to clients home and checking on their pets and ensuring that pet sitters are following instructions.
- Scheduling - ensuring that each pet sitting visit is assigned to a pet sitter
- Invoicing/bookkeeping - putting orders into the computer, making sure invoices are distributed, etc.
- Managing a team of up to 8 pet sitters.
- Improving the overall operation.
THE MANAGEMENT SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent verbal communication - speak well and concise on the phone with a happy and motivated tone and know how to communicate to your staff with respect and professionalism
- Excellent Written communication - able to write professional letters, clear instructions, procedures
- Computer knowledge - Microsoft word, excel, facebook, general comfort with custom programs
- Problem Solving - Able to think on your feet and also to implement a procedure to reduce issues.
- People person - comfortable with meeting customers and making presentations.
THE FOLLOWING PET EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED:
- Enjoy working in the pet industry and interacting with dogs, cats, birds, etc.
- Enjoy field work, meeting pets, driving to clients houses, walking dogs, petting cats, etc.
- Experience working with Dogs and Cats.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE NEEDS:
- To be available to work weekends and holiday.
- Reliable transportation
- Experience managing others
- Motivated to grow with a small company